The following information details what you should do if you wish to return unwanted items, or in the unlikely event that you receive damaged or incorrect goods.
N.B. Nottingham Lighting Centre cannot reimburse out of pocket expenses such as, but not limited to, electrician’s fees, loss of earnings, and loss of profit or good will, howsoever caused. We therefore strongly advise all customers to check orders thoroughly as soon as possible and ideally within 48 Hours, and only book installation services once you are happy that everything is present and correct and ready to be installed.
Returning Unwanted Items
You have the right under UK Distance Selling Regulations to return unwanted items provided we are notified in writing on or within 14 days starting the day after you received your goods. Please note that the customer is responsible for the act and cost of returning any unwanted items.
If you wish to return unwanted goods to us please ensure that:
- You have notified us in writing on or within 14 days after the delivery date, and you have received your returns authorisation number.
- The goods are unused (not assembled, installed or modified in any way).
- The item packaging is not damaged or defaced.
- The item is complete with all components and instruction materials.
- The goods are not bespoke items made or modified to your own specification.
We regret that we cannot accept unwanted items if one or more of the above conditions cannot be met. If your goods are eligible to be returned please follow this procedure:
- Please email us at [email protected] detailing the item/s you wish to return, your order number, and the reason why you wish to return the item/s. We will reply with a Returns Authorisation Number which must be clearly indicated on all outer packaging.
- Please ensure that the item/s are carefully packaged in outer boxes and returned to us on or within 21 days of your delivery date. We recommend using tracked and insured courier services as you are responsible for the goods until such time as we have received them into our premises and inspected them.
- Once we have received and inspected the goods, we will process a refund immediately. Please note that depending on your bank or card provider, this may take up to 14 days to appear in your account.
- If you are returning part of an order and the value of goods that you are keeping falls below the Free Shipping Amount, an amount of £6.50 will be deducted from any refund that is owing to you.
If you have any questions regarding the return of unwanted goods, please contact us immediately. We will be happy to help.
Damaged Items/Reporting Shortages or Errors
Please check your delivery as soon as possible after you have received it, ideally on or within 48 hours. Please check that the items are correct and that you have received the correct number of items. Please also check for any obvious signs of damage which may have occurred during transit.
If you have received any damaged items please:
- Email us at [email protected] immediately, detailing your name, order number and the item/s that are damaged together with a brief description of the issue. If you are able to attach photos, these really help us identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Once we have received the email, a member of staff will be in contact as soon as possible. You will have the option to receive replacement parts if they can easily be replaced, a replacement item, or to return the item/s for a refund. We will be responsible for the act and cost of remedying any instance of transit damage to your satisfaction.
- If you elect to return damaged items, we will give you a Returns Authorisation Number. Please place the item/s back in the outer box and mark this with the returns number. We will then arrange for the items to be collected. Once we have received and inspected the goods, we will process a refund immediately. Please note that depending on your bank or card provider, this may take up to 14 days to appear in your account.
If your order is not correct or is missing items please:
- Email [email protected] detailing you name and order number together with a brief description of the issue. A member of staff will contact you as soon as possible.
- We will arrange delivery/collection at our cost with as little inconvenience to you as possible. Alternatively you have the right to cancel your order. We will arrange to collect the goods and once received by us we will process a refund immediately. Please note that depending on your bank or card provider, this may take up to 14 days to appear in your account.
If you have any questions at all about returning goods to us, please contact us straight away on 0115 9537088 or at [email protected]. A member of staff will be on hand to help.